Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Shush!!! I'm having a very IMPORTANT conversation...with myself.

What do you say to that? Well...when it comes from an adult most of the time you back away very slowly, then run. But when it comes from a 4 year old, you listen. You wonder what's so important that she needs to HEAR herself think. Hmmm....
When is the last time you had a real conversation with yourself? When is the last time you asked yourself real soul searching questions? Not the superficial mundane , "Should I have sushi for lunch or does Pantene really make my hair healthy?"
But things like," What inspired the proprietor to open that sushi bar? Is there something that I ENJOY doing so much that I could invision myself dedicating my time and energy to its POSSIBILITIES? Not necessarily for monetary gain but for FULFILLMENT. "

Take the time to ask yourself, " What makes me happy? Can I block out 15 minutes a day to hear myself THINK? What's my creative outlet? " Really think...about what's IMPORTANT...to you. Not the job, your family,your friends but what makes your batteries ENERGIZED.

Oh well I'm off to have that very important convo with moi. And by the way, Selena was trying to decide if her sister's "hee-haw" boots coordinated with her Princess Tiana outfit!

                                                     Oooh Selena! I love you....MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment