Wednesday, January 26, 2011

" I am practicing my balancing act so I can be in the Big Apple Circus!"

Now I will admit that Selena seems to be preoccupied with anything that has to do with balance BUT that could be a good thing! Keeping our lives in balance leads to less stress....maybe?

Sometimes our lives are just a little too balanced. We drone on day after day doing the same mundane things. No variety, no time to explore the spiritual sides of ourselves. Work,work, run, run. Even when we THINK we are doing things we enjoy...are we really?

Realistically, some of our jobs or careers are not fulfilling but they pay the bills. So back to our 15 minutes of asking ourselves a question. Can I BALANCE work, play, spirit and walk away feeling whole? What motivates me to PRACTICE? What TALENTS do I have that I would enjoy practicing? What are some of the things I've DREAMED of doing but haven't TAKEN the time to pursue?

The REAL question is WHAT IS YOUR BIG APPLE CIRCUS? Selena knows that she has to practice and balance to achieve her goal. She is aware of the fact that  she is going to fall and be disappointed at times. But then she also knows that the more she practices the better she gets and the better she feels because HER GOAL to get to the Big Apple Circus is only 17years away!!!!

Oooh Selena!!! You go ...You are such a role model... You are DREAMING, PLANNING, ACCESSING YOUR TALENTS,LEARNING TO BALANCE, AND GOAL SETTING.

Tip on that tightrope girly girl. Tip on!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how childrens' honesty can make for an enlightening message. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete